WHAT IS GENERAL AVIATION?
The majority of the world’s air traffic falls into General Aviation (GA), and most of the world’s airports serve general aviation exclusively.
… and why should it matter to you?
General Aviation is the driving force behind which both commercial and private aviation is sustained. Often times it is undervalued and reduced down to the perspective of only recreational pilots. This is simply not true. Without General Aviation, there would be no training of civilian pilots. And in light of our current pilot shortage which will only be getting worse and which has already attributed to companies closing their doors, we can’t afford to not be training pilots. Without General Aviation, there also wouldn’t be private charters, emergency flights, or air transport of organs for transplant to name just a few. As you can see General Aviation not only brings an important value to Hawaii economically but also makes possible necessary charitable resources to others. The voice of General Aviation in Hawaii holds an intrinsic importance guiding the direction aviation has on the island. Come and be apart of those shaping the future so today and tomorrow, we will continue to foster positive growth, education, and safety in aviation.
General Aviation Includes…
Flight Training & Flight Clubs
- Corporate Business Jet Flights
- Organ Transport for Transplant
- Charitable Flights
- Volunteer Search & Rescue Flights
- Commercial & Non-Commercial Flights
- Non-Scheduled Air Transport
- Light Aircraft Manufacturing & Maintenance
- Gliders & Powered Parachute Flights
- All Civil Aviation Operations
- Aviation Want Ads
- 1 week, 5 days ago
To join one of the following GACH Committees email email@example.com.
- Legislative Committee
- Air Operations & Safety Committee
- Education & Training Committee
- Promotions & Mentoring Committee
- No Topics